Saturday, April 19, 2008

Vision And Growth Meld

As I work on this blog I realize that my writings are not only showing my personal growth, but a beginning to a vision. It is a vision not only for myself, but for the surrounding community, the State of Maine, and mankind overall. I realize as I go that I cannot bring the vision to life by writing and keeping it to myself. I have to share the vision with those around me and draw in people with the skills and contacts to pull it off. So as I write more people will be invited to join the group. Here is more of my previous writing. Thank you for joining me in this process.

I listen to the news today and all I hear is noise. Noise about our duly elected President’s failure to be more than human. From the moment that he was nominated, his enemies have attacked President Clinton. It has taken on the furor of the witch-hunts of the 1600’s, with its own appointed witcher. What is a witcher? A witcher is a special prosecutor, who sits outside normal laws, and digs up, or fabricates evidence against the accused.

From the moment that Ken Starr took on his assignment, he has gone after the president like a pit bull, and refuses to let go. His original assignment was to see if the president had committed any crimes in the Whitewater affair. When he couldn’t find any hard evidence, he took on the Paula Jones case, which by the way was already proceeding through normal judicial channels. When that case didn’t prove fruitful, Ken Starr stooped so low that he tried to force the President to lie about a personal sexual affair. That would give him grounds to proceed with proceedings, to try the president for perjury.


It is not up to the people to dig into a person’s personal life, even if that person happens to be powerful. I don’t know if the president has had sex outside his marriage, or not, and I really do not care. For those of us who claim to be Christians, we should remember Christ’s admonition that “He who is without sin shall cast the first stone.” A persons sins are between him and his God, and if they effect another person, that person as well.

There are those who say that the President and any other public figure should be setting an example for the children of the nation. I say, that if parents do their job teaching their own children values, they will be more likely to retain the bulk of those values. As individuals, children will make decisions, we do not agree with, but if we stoop to blaming the TV, or people in public service, or even sports figures, we are not owning up to our own responsibilities.

I now go back to Ken Starr and his investigations. I say, that if he cannot find evidence that the president committed any crimes in the Whitewater case, he should close his books and go home. Send the witchers home, and stop the madness that is associated with a free and open investigation of this manner. The president cannot do his job, if he has to continuously defend himself from these allegations.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting thoughts, Ted. I would say that Presidents on boths sides of the aisle (so to speak) have been the objects of unfair investigations. To that I would agree. Did Ken Starr go too far- I think it would be fair to say so.
As to the thoughts about it not mattering whether the President had an affair or not, again, I would agree with most of what you say. However, it proved to be true that President Clinton did in fact lie about it, and more importantly, had this series of affairs (they were sexual, no matter how he tried to spin it) with Monica in the Oval office, while he was on the clock. It would be no different if I did something similar at my place of work while I was working for that company. It would be completely appropriate for my superiors to fire me for such action, as that was not something I should be doing at that location... ever. This is exactly what Clinton, did, and further, with a young impressionable girl who was under 21 years of age. In my view, it was conduct unbecoming his position, and a person of his stature and influence, and he should have resigned. He was working for the People of the United States of America when this happened, not in his private living quarters.
By the way, there is ample evidence that this is his lifestyle, not a single mistake. He regretted getting caught, not that he did what he did.

Scott Millett